So many devastated…but even more want to help. The storms this past weekend in South Georgia left much heartache and destruction in their wake. We will be partnering with the American Red Cross in the next few days to coordinate fundraising efforts for disaster relief. In the meantime, we will be posting information on how you can make an immediate impact with your assistance.
At this time, the situation and the needs are fluid. We are keeping the list of contacts below, but are also including a link the the Adel Tornado Relief Facebook page, as they have much of the changing information posted there. You can visit this page by clicking here.
PLEASE KNOW THAT THE BIGGEST NEED AT THIS TIME IS MONETARY, BOTH FOR IMMEDIATE FUNERAL EXPENSES AND FOR LONG-TERM RECOVERY.
- Donations can be made through the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund by visiting their page and earmarking your donation to go to “Southern Tornadoes and Storms.” Visit here.
- To help specifically with funeral expenses, please contact Adel United Methodist Church at (229) 896-4151. Please be patient in trying to get through, as so many wish to help.
- To donate for long-term recovery, please donate to Adel Tornado Relief Fund at Cook Community Bank, Paula Harper is point of contact there 229-896-5176.
- Credit card payments can be sent to Quick Consulting 229-896-1333
- There is currently one Go Fund Me account that is associated with the relief fund at Cook Community Bank and you can visit it here: Sunshine Acres Trailer Ct Adel Ga
- Berrien County Farm Bureau has set up an account at the Bank of Alapaha in Nashville, Ga 31639 for the Berrien County families. Checks can be made out to the Berrien County Tornado Victims and sent to P.O. Box 535 Nashville, Ga. 31639 or call Ruth Childree at 229-686-7496
Below is a list of contact people/organizations willing to step up and help and where you can plug in and help. Please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you know of other organizations that are providing assistance.
- Victim shelter is at Adel 1st Baptist Church
- Volunteer coordinators:
Land clearing / debris removal: Larry Watford 229-507-0223
- Supply donations: Brad McVea Lenox Church of God 229- 646-3014
- Monetary Donations: Sharon Hancock Royals 229-834-3257 Relief Fund being set up @ Cook Community Bank
- Cooked Food for volunteers and shelters: Tim Mertens 229-686-0643
- Equipment Repairs and relocation: Bay 229-686-0643
- Volunteer Coordinator: Cindy Folds Appleford 229-560-5803
- Behavioral Health: 229-896-4559
Amanda Hall or Courtney Holley 912-230-6084 for children
- School contact: Martha Darden 229-5465297
- Community wide prayer Wednesday 7pm @ Cornerstone Church contact Pastor John Bagley 912-288-5093
- Nashville Donations 229- 507-2339
- Cook County DFACS 229-896-3672
- For replacement benefits Christian Hutchinson
Shelter set up by Red Cross at First Baptist Church Adel
- Legislative Needs: Vance Dean 229-425-8510
- Adel Trading 229-896-2221 Terry for building materials
- Questions/important information to share call Sheriff’s Office 911
Share and Enjoy